Design Health Barcelona (d·HEALTH Barcelona) is a Master's degree to develop entrepreneurs and future leaders in healthcare innovation.
It is the flagship program of the Moebio initiative and it is inspired and modeled in the prestigious Stanford University's Biodesign Fellowship that seeks to train a team of fellows in the process of biodesign.
d·HEALTH Barcelona puts fellows in contact with a wide range of challengers and gives each person the tools to develop its creativity and entrepreneurial skills to produce innovative healthcare technologies.
d·HEALTH Barcelona acts as a catalyst across fields, bringing together top students, leading researchers, brilliant entrepreneurs, great investors and innovative organizations.
Qualification awarded: Master (Degree by the University of Barcelona). Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Life Sciences (d·HEALTH)
Application process for d·HEALTH Barcelona 2017 is closed.
The fellows for the 2017 edition are already selected. Application process for d·HEALTH Barcelona 2018 will be open soon.
The purpose of d·HEALTH Barcelona is to develop an innovative ecosystem to address significant clinical challenges.
The main goals are:
- Training innovators in the healthcare industry.
- Accelerate startups & boost entrepreneurs.
- Develop solutions to overcome real, unmet healthcare needs.
- Incorporate new products and services into the health systems.
d·HEALTH Barcelona works at the interfaces of Science and Business, using a X-Thinking approach to facilitate and accelerate healthcare entrepreneurship.
X-Thinking is a combination of human-centered, prototype-driven tools and methods that, in conjunction with the scientific and business knowledge, provide fellows with the skills, values, attitudes and behaviors necessary to produce disruptive solutions to tackle any complex challenge.
Enrolling in d·HEALTH Barcelona means enjoying a truly unique learning experience and a one-in-a-lifetime experience for its fellows.
The program has 5 characteristics:
- It is oriented towards solving real problems.
- It is an experiential learning program. You learn by doing.
- It is multidisciplinary. Teaching skills, not only knowledge.
- It is team-based. Individuals work in teams from beginning to end.
- It is ecosystem and network oriented.
d·HEALTH Barcelona is disruptive, dynamic, entrepreneurial, social, global, creative, vital, inspiring, enthusiastic, innovative and challenging.